Just a little peek into our celebrations this Christmas!
The little one’s in their PJ’s on Christmas morning! Santa came!
Ben with his ultimate Light Saber… he LOVES Star Wars!
Miranda, just bein’ cute! I would kill for the lovely golden highlights she has in her hair! Lucky girl!
A truly rare photo indeed! The eldest son, now 15 going on 25! Seriously, doesn’t he look like he could be in grad school! OMG… where did my baby go!?
1. Batteries will not be included and we will pay $10.00 for one 9V at the gas station.
2. Each will be sold separately, and one isn’t nearly as fun as two.
3. One strand of tree lights will burn out every other day necessitating the stripping of lights and ornaments from the offending branch, rearranging the furniture to accommodate the 75 pound ladder, and then reversing the whole process.
4. My childrens’ gift lists will contain items that are so immensely popular that they have been sold out since October, or are so obscure that they are not sold in stores.
5. We will worry that there will not be enough gifts under the tree to make that initial sight spectacular. On Christmas morning there will be so many packages that there is no place to sit and open them.
6. The “first gift of Christmas” may be a bell from of Santa’s sleigh, but the last gift of Christmas will be a new vacuum cleaner to replace the one who’s motor burned out after attempting to suck up 10 pounds of pine needles.
7. Most of our photos will look like THIS…. Out of focus…. Rock on Ben!
7. In spite of the above we will have the BESTEST Christmas ever… but we will breathe a sigh of relief that we now have 364 days until we do this again!
Especially with mini marshmallows.
Is there room for an ice rink? We went with a much more reasonable tree this year at MY insistance! The first year we lived in this house (2005), my sweet husband thought it would be a great idea to get a “big tree.” We have a two story living room, and he thought it would be great to fill it to the top! I won’t tell the entire story, as it involves me dangling 16 feet in the air, LOTS of tears, and a chain saw… ever fire up a chain saw in your living room? Here it is… two years ago in all it’s shining glory. You could land airplanes with the light from this thing. No… those are not dolls… those are my own children, cowering beneath the monstrosity…. Sorry for the blur… it was pre-good camera days.
And this years tree… a much more reasonable 10 feet… and skinny… I’ll be able to keep most of my furniture in the room as well. Husbands DO listen! Well, they listen and they learn.